hercmec

Bell Travel Service (Bell Bus)

If you are looking for an inexpensive, comfortable, hassle free, door to door transfer between Bangkok and Pattaya, then Bell Bus is right up your alley. They do hotel and airport transport. I have used them each time I was transferring back and forth the past years. Just Google "Bell Travel Service", to get to their web page.

Here's an example of a BKK to Patts hotel pick up: They send a mini van to your hotel to pick you up. The van takes you to the Bell Bus terminal, where you transfer to a motor coach. The motor coach departs, and swings by Swampy airport to pick up any airport transfers, then you head down to Patts. As soon as you arrive at the bus terminal in Patts, you get into mini vans, and they drop you at your hotel. 2-3 hours, and costs 345 baht.

This last trip, I got lucky on the day I was going down to Patts. I guess they had no airport pick ups, because we headed straight to Patts from the bus terminal. I was in my hotel in Patts within 2 hours.

If you are not in any big rush to get back and forth, this is a great value. They make at least 2 if not 3 trips a day, so you can go earlier in the day, or sleep it off and go later.

When you book online, they will charge your credit card, then e-mail you a voucher. Just present the voucher on your travel day, and you are set.

I hope this is useful information.

Cheers!

It's not to bad. I used it a few years ago going from Ibis soi 4 to LK Metro in pattaya. But this one went to the airport and picked a lot of people up there. I think it cost me 350 baht back then.

I find taking the bus from Ekkamia to pattaya easier now and works out with sky train from Nana to Ekkamia 25 baht bus to pats 113 baht and 50 baht baht bus to hotel. Works out at 188 baht and is quicker than the bell bus.

Only difference is the walk to Nana BTS.

Both the bell bus and talking the bus from Ekkamia are good budget options.

I remember when I took the bell bus from Ibis the guy I was chatting with the day before booked a bus from Ibis hotel and his was 500 baht and he was on the same bus as me all the way.

I guess the lesson here is, do your homework. There are all types of values to be had here, if you take the time to do the research. Also, BM's are a great source of info, because I just learned another option here today.

Thanks One True Saxon.

I guess the lesson here is, do your homework. There are all types of values to be had here, if you take the time to do the research. Also, BM's are a great source of info, because I just learned another option here today.

That's what it's about, providing lots of information and options available to us. I had thought that Bell Bus only went from the Airport to Pattaya as never heard about them picking up at hotel.

I was all set to use the option OTS described on my last trip but ended up splitting a minivan taxi with him and another down to Patts.

I think the Bell bus is best for those arriving at Swampy and going straight to Pattaya. We can all weigh out the options and see what's best for us. I like to save baht wherever I can, but sometimes it just comes down to laziness and taking the easiest way.

Cheers :BuyBeer: fellas

Great information and it follows my experience with them pretty much. They may take a little bit longer than a taxi but they are much cheaper, so if you have the time it is worth it. Their pick up and drop off service from the hotels is what makes it for me. If anyone is planning on using them, check out their website for schedules and information:

http://www.belltravelservice.com/pages/PageHome.aspx

I used this bus service from Swampy to Hua Hin. Pretty good service for 294B per ticket.

On the way back there was an Aussie sounding guy and his LB companion. But we didn't sit close enough to compare the girls cock sizes..hahaha