Sign in to follow this  
crazycloud

Mandatory STD testing in LB bars?

Prostitution is illegal in thailand - believe it or not.

Mandatory STD testing is just an urban legend.

I definetely know where you are coming from with above comments and they have good ground, but saying that prostituion is illegal does not mean STD tests cannot be mandatory (at the establishment)

Also pregnancy is not illegal, but a lot of corporates do pregnancy tests wheh hiring new ladies at work. This iis of course a bit over the border and may not happen in every country, as pregnancy tests are illegal, not because pregnancy is illegal, LOL

coming back to the topic, even if prostituion is illegal, it can be legal to do a SDT (generic, but mosts likely aimed to HIV) test for many odd jobs. Including MP's.

It is for many legitimate jobs too

Why ask on a message board then? Yes, maybe we are talking bullshit, maybe not. Do you want my CV?

I just find it amusing that people on some message boards expect others to take their statements as the final word because they have seniority on the board. The reason I asked here is because I thought there might be people familiar enough with the scene who could shed some light on the subject. Something like, "I had a GF who worked at Cascade. She says they don't do testing," is very helpful. Something like, "It doesn't happen," with no explanation, is not helpful at all, no matter how much "seniority" that person has.

P4P business has its pitfalls. Testing or no testing there is still considerable risk involved. Play safe, very safe and you should be ok! And if you are too fussy, stay home and masturbate! Thats the safest!

hmmmm a personality check to ensure the condom doesnt break ,,,thats a new one....enlighten me as to the "quality "condoms ??

I really shouldn't have to explain myself here but I will. There is a certain degree of trust involved when letting someone fuck your ass. If someone seems to be on drugs, drunk, or just a little "off," I don't necessarily trust that they will notice a condom break and stop immediately, or even care. It doesn't mean that condoms don't break with trustworthy partners. It just means a sober and grounded person is more likely to notice and act responsibly. As far as "quality" condoms, maybe do a little research. I always bring mine from home and I use Japanese brands. I don't know what is on the local Thai market but I have heard that the local condoms don't necessarily fit westerners well and condoms are more likely to break when they don't fit well. Maybe they work better when Thais are wearing them. Maybe not. I do know that the Japanese brands are high quality so I stick with those.

P4P business has its pitfalls. Testing or no testing there is still considerable risk involved. Play safe, very safe and you should be ok! And if you are too fussy, stay home and masturbate! Thats the safest!

Agreed. That's the bottom line.

I really shouldn't have to explain myself here but I will. There is a certain degree of trust involved when letting someone fuck your ass. If someone seems to be on drugs, drunk, or just a little "off," I don't necessarily trust that they will notice a condom break and stop immediately, or even care. It doesn't mean that condoms don't break with trustworthy partners. It just means a sober and grounded person is more likely to notice and act responsibly. As far as "quality" condoms, maybe do a little research. I always bring mine from home and I use Japanese brands. I don't know what is on the local Thai market but I have heard that the local condoms don't necessarily fit westerners well and condoms are more likely to break when they don't fit well. Maybe they work better when Thais are wearing them. Maybe not. I do know that the Japanese brands are high quality so I stick with those.

ahh ok ..i see

I told a lb that she had given me an sti. She was shocked and apologised. I told her what drugs to get etc. Six months later she's still working and from what I can gather hasn't darkened the doctor's doorstep. Tread carefully.

Thanks for the heads up mikel. I wouldn't want to defame anyone by asking for her name, but can you at least let us know what bar so we can know where to tread more carefully.

By the way, I spoke to the papasan at charades and he told me that he does take his ladyboys for HIV testing about every 3 months. He showed me pictures and a couple of the ladyboys showed me pictures of their test results as well - all negative and hopefully it will stay that way for all of them.

It does make you wonder how he takes 80 (or less now) off to be tested. And if it's a stringent test or thai style. Cynical I know but TIT😆

It does make you wonder how he takes 80 (or less now) off to be tested. And if it's a stringent test or thai style. Cynical I know but TIT😆

Not sure how he takes them all at once. Probably not and takes them on different days. Although he did also mention that if a ladyboy couldn't go with him to get tested because of personal reasons, barfined for LT, sick, etc, there would be medical staff that would come to charades to draw blood there.

There has been many long and heated debates on the sister forum on this subject and there are lots of BMs who think a bar is responsible for their safety.

While I think it's good if a bar trys to look after it's staff by insisting they get HIV and STD testing I would not use that as a reason to think you are safer taking a LB from that bar then from anywhere else.

Assume any P4P LB you go with may have HIV and act accordingly. If you think that's too much of a risk then don't play the game, but don't delude yourself that if you choose them from certain bars who claim to do HIV testing then they are clean.

>>

Mandatory STD testing in LB bars?

Wouldn't that be a kick. Maybe surprise testing, which the BIB are fond of anyway, And not just the girls, but the BM. And while they're here, let's give everyone a piss test (except the cops of course).

All joking aside, I think it's actually a good idea to 1) test, and 2) make sure the girls have had their Hep B shot series but I doubt the cops care that much, or that they or the doctors couldn't be paid off along the line.

I love to do oral in all the usual places, and without a condom, though it's slightly risky, but always wear a condom for anal sex and demand the same.

The previous mamasan at Charades told a LB that my request for unprotected sex was ok since I looked clean. I absolutely don't trust that Charades or any other bar requires regular testing. Definitely cover up every time!

The fact you have some bar owners who post here and non have bothered to reply should give you your answer. No one tests shit, especially with the ladyboys.

The fact you have some bar owners who post here and non have bothered to reply should give you your answer. No one tests shit, especially with the ladyboys.

I can 100% agree with this . Maybe drugs but HIV its up to the girls and you to cover up every time.

just saying... but I have a friend who's working in a bar and has HIV.
The bar owner says they test the staff every 3months but this is bullshit.
Never trust anyone, use condom and try to play safe.

Edited by roberto123

I suggest you don't go bareback with someone you are not familiar with.

Medical certificate of hiv ot std proof can be purchased by 300 baht.

Even they have the real test certificate, it is still highly risky.

Edited by ccctom

Right. There's a lot of fakery going around. And go to a legit testing place to, if you want to walk her in for a test. Some are paid off by the girls. Don't go to a place *she* suggests.

I played out this scenario in Cambodia and took the girl to my doc, not hers. Positive for both HIV and Hep B.

Edited by DeepnHard