OneTrueSaxon

OTS's Hotel reviews

Damn.....good rate - and the story about the open safe speaks for itself

I'm gonna try this hotel nex time in BKK for sure - thanks for sharing this with us :-)

I don't suppose the bedcover in the red dress is included?

Thanks for the information I'll have to keep this hotel on my list as, honest one to stay.

I don't suppose the bedcover in the red dress is included?

Their is a 1500 baht service charge and you need to go to Temptations LOL

Glad you're back.

Your hotel reviews are priceless.BMs can see them before they go,and make an informed choice,thanks to you.

Hope you put all your Hotel reviews back here too.

Glad you're back.

Your hotel reviews are priceless.BMs can see them before they go,and make an informed choice,thanks to you.

Hope you put all your Hotel reviews back here too.

Arigato Katana san.

I will get all the hotels back up here in the next couple of weeks

Ibis Hotel soi 4 Nana.

The Ibis Nana Hotel Bangkok is not the only guest friendly hotels on Sukhumvit Soi 4. But it's certainly one of the cleanest and most affordable hotel to stay in Nana red light district. It's a big hotel with about 200 rooms and still quite new looking for a hotel that's 4 years old. Rate between 1200 baht to 1600 baht I use my A club card here and get my points plus dicount

I have stayed at the Hotel Ibis a few times now first in 2009 when it opened to 2011 last February

The Ibis is a good quality hotel and I'd give it 7 out of 10. The reason being that it's a very minimal hotel. There is no swimming pool and no gym. I did recieve an email to say there is free internet Wi-Fi though and does count for something.

The rooms at the Ibis are simple and nothing fancy. What I mean is that there are no suite rooms or deluxe or any other fancy room description with inflated rates.

There are only 2 room types; standard with one double bed and standard with 2 twin beds. And that's all.

As I mentioned before, the Ibis is a simple hotel with clean rooms. The rooms sizes are around 24 square meters. And they are your basic utility rooms with a space to hang your clothes, flat screen television, room safe, air con and a few odds and ends to make guests feel comfortable.

The Ibis is easy to find. Nana Entertainment Plaza's go go bars are about a 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel so the Ibis would be a great place to take a bar girl or freelancer back for short time. And there are a lot of freelancers lurking between NEP and down to the Ibis Nana on Suk Soi 4 when the sun goes down.

A couple of pictures I took one from the outside and one of the room sorry for the city shirt being in the photo, so I have put in a few LBS to cheer the room up

phppGGHRoPM.jpg

t_phpxtbeq8am_442.jpg

t_phprs79d5pm_118.jpg

Picture 027-1.jpg

Picture 033-1.jpg

phpQFYJHUPM.jpg

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Good to see you keeping up informing about hotels :-) - good knowledge for both first timers and also inspiration for return customers (girls-wise)

One little plea though : when there are girls in the pictures, could you also include name/bar? - just so we can go talk to them.....honestly...... ;-)

Edited by sailor5600

Good to see you keeping up informing about hotels :-) - good knowledge for both first timers and also inspiration for return customers (girls-wise)

One little plea though : when there are girls in the pictures, could you also include name/bar? - just so we can go talk to them.....honestly...... ;-)

Le Fenix

first is Beer in the black dress now works in soi Croc in Phuket was at Guess Bar back then

Da works in Temptation Nana Plaza BKK

Ibis girls

first LB is Kim number 20 Cascade Nana Plaza BKK

Next two are Q I am not sure if she is at Obsessions or Cascade now as she as worked in both.

Last is the lovely Linda former Guess Bar beauty now no longer on the scene

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Arigato Katana san.

I will get all the hotels back up here in the next couple of weeks

Subarashii!!!(excellent)

Great news.You've stayed in so many,so slowly but surely.

BTW...belated congrats. on City winning the Premier league.You should go on a trip to LOS to celebrate!!!!!

Subarashii!!!(excellent)

Great news.You've stayed in so many,so slowly but surely.

BTW...belated congrats. on City winning the Premier league.You should go on a trip to LOS to celebrate!!!!!

Cheers I was in the pub by the ground watching it then got in to see them lift the trophy. My best mate paid £300 for a ticket on the day..

Yea I have booked my ticket and booked two hotels I have not stayed in yet one in BKK and one in Pattaya.

Subarashii now their is a word I have not heard in a long time.

Bel-Aire Princess Hotel soi 5 Sukhumvit

I was very impressed with the place from the moment I walked in to the reception lobby. It was huge and so beautifully laid out and luxuriously furnished.

The staff at the reception counter were very friendly and courteous, welcoming smiles. Then I was told if I bring a guest back their is a 1000 baht joiners fee. My jaw hit the floor. oh well it was on a package deal, Nothing I could do about it now

I had a suite on a high floor with an awesome panoramic view of the City skyline. It was luxuriously furnished and had all the amenities to make the stay very relaxing and comfortable, satellite TV, IDD telephone, refrigerator, mini bar, internet access.

The inhouse restaurant served a variety of Thai, Indian, and western cuisines at the buffet breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. I really enjoyed the buffet breakfasts.

The lounge was a nice place to relax while enjoying refreshing cocktails at the end of a long busy day.

It was very convenient taking the skytrain to the main shopping districts of the City, Emporeum, Central World Plaza, Gaysorn Plaza, Siam Center, Mah Boon Krong Shopping Center.

I had only booked under one person staying as it was a package deal now I wonder if I book for two on agoda, that I will not have to pay the joiners fee.We were getting 72 baht to the pound so i did not really care back then lol

LB pics are Por then Tann at the hotel

deluxe-room.jpg

por.jpg

tann.jpg

I had a suite on a high floor with an awesome panoramic view of the City skyline.

Speaking of which here was one from my room on the last night

OTS june 2008.jpg

The Grand Business Inn soi 11 Sukhumvit Bangkok

The Grand Business Inn Hotel is about 15 min walk away from Nana Plaza. at the edge of soi 11 across the road from Zanzibar restaurant.

It is guest friendly and no extra charge for an extra guest

They supply extra towels, shampoo, soap, shower caps, without extra charge. 24 hr room service, in room high speed internet via network port, free wifi in the lobby/restaurant for hotel guests you must get password from reception. There are two workstations in the lobby for hotel guests to use free of charge, up to 30 minutes at a time, if someone is waiting.

Safe deposit boxes in reception. Restaurant has delicious food at reasonable prices. They also have a bakery so fresh scones, muffins and various breads are available. The is a coffee shop conected to the hotel as well.

All rooms have kettle, minibar (empty except for water, 7/11 is right beside hotel so easy to stock up with fav beverages), DVD, 25" Sony Wega tvs, UBC cable. The front desk also have DVD movies available for loan.

A lot of LBS eat at the portable noddle vendor just outside the hotel after they have finished work. See Slam man's TR as he was their with Sha Sha on her Birthday.

Rooms I paid 1600 baht a night back in January and I really enjoyed my stay. This hotel get the Rxpharm seal of approval as he was the guy who let me know about this hotel and rax is a very well respected man in the ladyboy world.

Grand Business Inn

pics are Da from temptations in the man City shirt

Fah former Guess Bar babe now no longer on the scene

phpbIFCfqPM.jpg

phpFD4FT3AM.jpg

phpFMrn3JPM.jpg

phpxwDpv2PM.jpg

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

The Dynasty Inn soi 4 Nana Bangkok

I have only stayed at the Dynasty Inn 3 nights on the end of my February 2009 trip and at that time I was seeing Leyla from the Mambo show and she was the only one I took back there, which is a shame as far as the location goes it just by Nana Plaza and a short walk to Guess Bar.

On this visit I was staying in a standard room at the rear near the salon. I received a discount for staying more than 3 nights of 10%. I paid 1100 baht per night.

Dynasty Inn is situated almost next door to Nana Plaza and is guest friendly although if you have two guests at the same time then there is a 500 baht surcharge. You get told this at reception when checking in.

The standard rooms are quite large with en-suite facilities, cable TV and excellent air conditioning which is quiet and functional. The TV has somewhere in the region of 100 channels showing a mixture of Thai and foreign channels. There are also numerous channels showing football from the UK and throughout Europe. The main news channels are Fox, BBC World and al-Jazeera.

Room service is excellent and reasonably priced, available 24 hours and very quick. There is a 10% service charge for room service. There is a wide choice of both Thai and foreigner options. I can recommend the spicy chicken fried rice - delicious and at around £3 excellent value. Two bottles of water are provided free each day when the room is serviced. The wireless internet is free but is switched off for an hour each day at around 6am for reasons unknown, this is Thailand. The speed is around 4mb/s download. I do find the rooms a bit outdated though with the wood panel walls and the tables at the side of the bed seem like marble tops. Just don't fall out of bed and split your head open on one.

Even though I have only stayed there once I still tend eat there on each trip a couple of times, mainly breakfast and early evening grab a coffee or two.

Also it location is good for the skytrain

Ibis Hotel soi 4 Nana.

As I mentioned before, the Ibis is a simple hotel with clean rooms. The rooms sizes are around 24 square meters. And they are your basic utility rooms with a space to hang your clothes, flat screen television, room safe, air con and a few odds and ends to make guests feel comfortable.

The Ibis is easy to find. Nana Entertainment Plaza's go go bars are about a 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel so the Ibis would be a great place to take a bar girl or freelancer back for short time. And there are a lot of freelancers lurking between NEP and down to the Ibis Nana on Suk Soi 4 when the sun goes down.

I agree with your overall assessment. Ibis simply gets the job done. I recall staying in Swann Inn Guest house when they were building the Ibis and waking to the sounds of a pile driver. I figured it would just be another new overpriced hotel. However you can get a stay there for around $45 a night. It's an ideal location for a monger who wants to be close to the action,

It's clean, friendly staff, and now with WiFi in the rooms it provides a great option. They also have a tuk tuk like vehicle that will take you close to Nana Station although it's not that far. I will probably stay there my next visit although I'm wanting to try out some different places.

Last week I booked Legacy Express corner of soi 1 I will get the rest of the hotel reviews up before I start adding new ones. I will also do a an other thread for hotels and guest houses I recommend in Pattaya

Dawin Nana Hotel soi 4 Bangkok

I booked The Dawin Hotel for my last two nights in the June 2010 trip. I booked it online when they had a special offer on at 1500 baht a night. I remember sitting with Shanksey and Fatboy UK (of an other forum) and telling them the price and they were oh its to expensive even at that price. Well Ithe pair of tight fisted buggars are wrong because it was worth every penny. Plus they always go by Pattaya prices and Bangkok ain't Pattaya. It is so much better.

The check in was a breeze as the girls spoke good English. First thing I noticed was the clocks on the wall in different time zones. I was allocated room 603 as my request was to have a room close to the pool.and I was 3 doors away.

The lobby as a chic decor and the soothing ambience designed to inspire serenity. A place to sit and enjoy a newspaper or simply watch the world go by with a drink. I had the best coffee here in Bangkok. (stick yer Starbooks).

The hotel as a nice roof-top swimming pool though I found it a little small. There are sundeck loungers though no shade up on the roof. It as useful Internet corner available and the best wifi I have seen in a hotel in a hotel in Thailand. This contemporary dining spot boasts oversized windows overlooking the city street, and is open 24 hours a day to satisfy any cravings you may have for a midnight snack. I sat on the front veranda and had the Dawin burger and chips I have posted it before but yes their were 9 chips.

Overall it is a good hotel and again it's location location location situated on soi 4 just before The Ibis, in fact when I was up on the roof top pool I could see people booking into the Ibis as it looks right down on their reception. I took Moo from Guess here and it was a breeze staff ok LB friendly. Though to have another guest their is a 500 baht fee.

Now I believe the price is around £34 on agoda

Pictures from agoda

dawin.jpg

dawin2.jpg

dawin3.jpg

swimming-pool.jpg

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Hi Guys,

My first post here..... I'm a memeber on the pattaya sister site.

Thanks for the room pics mate....

And thanks OTS for this thread......Very helpfull :)

Will be staying there (The Dawin Hotel), Mon, Tues, Wed night before heading on to patts.

Cant Wait!!!!

Dan :)

You have me sold on the LeFenix. Going to stay there over a weekend. My thinking is I might be able to take advantage of the Q-Club and Bed Supper Club with a good gurl on one of the nights. That roof top nest looks cool as well. I've been checking out Agoda quite a bit and saw the price reduction to $43 AUS for the time frame I'm looking at. Soi 11 location can be good for late night action as well.

Also looking at the Darwin before or after LeFenix Standard $53 and Superior $60. That will give me a better position for some multiple ST's. I'll make sure to bring me swim trunks and request a room close to the pool.

Thanks for the tips quite helpful when browsing agoda to have these reviews to reference back to.