creed

What's ur fav Thai dish ?

What's ur fav Thai dish ??

Please post the pics if possible ... i had a difficult time choosing , apart from Green and red curry...

I'd have to say a slice of thai Pai!!! :D

I do love me me some thai fried chicken, fried bananas, kai yat sai moo (pork omelette), guai tiao moo (pork noodle soup) gai yang and penang gai.

Lol :P .. correction .... FOOD DISH :) cmon guys just do a google image search nd post the pics along.....

Tom Yum Goon

tomyum_l.jpg

Edited by creed

I mentioned this on the recent thread called late night eats.

It's probably more appropriate here since you can't get it late night. In fact it's hard to find period. It's called hoi tod (pronounce Hoy Tawt)

None in Nana/sukhumvit area that I have found. It's basically mussels and eggs fried into sprouts and special powder. http://importfood.co.../018-Dish8.html

The carts I found in neighborhoods didn't open till after 3 PM. and open late. Some select restaurants/stalls feature the dish open earlier. They will have big flat wok looking pan in the front usually where you can see it cooked. If you really have the desire to hunt it down you can definitely find it at market on Chao Praya near Hilton Millineum hotel. A good place to go eat or shop, you can cross the river on 2 baht boat to another shopping area.

hoi tod.jpg

Hoi Tod

I've also looked for it on menu's of Thai Restaurants in Australia, New Zealand, and the U.S.. I've only found it on a menu once and it was served as an appetizer.

I like it all.

Edited by Two Shots

I have to say that Thai is my favorite food in the world. But when it comes to about 2 or 3 in the morning and I am getting kicked out of the bars because they are closing, I love to hit the McD's on soi4 and grab a cheese burger and fries. Hate my tastes, not me. :)

One of my favorite dishes on my last trip was Moo sausage :lol: !

But seriously my favorite dish is Khao Pad Moo with fried egg on top or on the side. I tried alot of new things last trip but still ate this one at least once a day, I'm kind of a boring guy, but I know what I like,and I like this with plenty of chili and maggi on top.

275.JPG

pad-gur-pow-moo-kai-dow1.jpg

My tastes tend to run more North Eastern Thai....in both respects... :lol:

My favourite, so far, is a northern dish called Khao Soi Gai. After a night of drinking Lao Kao (aka: Lao Lao) and dancing, this is a great hangover dish.. :)

khao-soi-sm.jpg

Some people may know it as "Chiang Mai Noodles".

for me it would be a rice noodle soup with bits of pork and chicken that is called Kway Tsap. There is a spot I go to almost every weekend I am here, inside Chatuchak Market (exit the MRT and down the left side street about 30 meters on the right. It is an Isaan style place with fried chicken, som tam, larbs, sausage and so forth, but the soup is the star.

If yo ugo to Chatuchak you HAVE TO try this soup.

A bowl in the pic as modelled by my gal...

soup-sm.jpg

My cholesterol just shot up by looking at your photo. Where in BKK do you find it, not that I would be looking for that indulgence.

The chicken man used to be at Soi Cowboy.....but I think he quit! Cant find him the last few times I've been to see him. I did find this other chicken man on the back street of Soi Cowboy....Not as good as the guy that used to be at Soi Cowboy. Very good! Throw in some BBQ'd sticky rice from Nana plaza...I'm hungry now.

Edited by letmein

pig.JPG

Forgot this little piggy.....YUM! BKK-- Chinatown

Edited by letmein

Tom Kha Gai has to be my favourite -

I share the same preference, together with the more traditional Pad Thai. i am not into spicy food so it is always a risk for me to chose food with certainty it is not spicy (and the judgement on spicy or not is very personal)

the nest is to have some local guiding you and addressing the right food choices