robw

Majestic Grande (updated 2014)

Confirm Dav's post no joiner fee, they did ask for ID and called when she left which is awesome. I booked through Agoda and somehow didn't notice that breakfast wasn't included :o it's 430 baht for the buffet... Tommorow I think I'm just gonna go find some where else to eat.

I stayed in March 2012 and again in September (three nights each time). Good hotel maybe in need of a spruce up here and there but still good value. First time I booked a bigger room with breakfast (special deal through agoda) and had a better experience. Second time the standard room had an old style tv and smaller bathroom. The gym is ok, the breakfast is excellent, staff are great and security rings when the girl leaves. The pool is small and on the same level as the dining room and not worth bothering with. It's in easy staggering distance of NEP. And was never charged a joiner fee. There are some cool looking suites on their website but apparently only the Arabs get to book these.

stayed there last week nice hotel but was charged a joiners fee. I would stay there again, good breakfast, nice rooms and friendly staff

strange: I always book for 2 (comes out by default) and never been charged a joiner fee and the guest takes breakfast too

There are some cool looking suites on their website but apparently only the Arabs get to book these.

I booked a suite once foro 3 nights, nice, but nothing special. All what you got more is an additional sort of living room with a couch and armchair (good to warm up with the girl but not a must) and a a generous bathroom with jacuzzi bathtub. At the end, not worth the extra, IMHO

IMG_2249.JPGI remain for happy withe the Majestic Grande as a base of operations. Obviously it's a bit more expensive than many other nearby options, but sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

For instance, I've stayed at the Dawin and Heaven @ 4, and both have deficits that have kept me from coming back. At the Dawin the bed was a bit like a stone slab, and the AC was impossible to control...I was either hot or freezing. Heaven@4 seems a bit run down even though it's relatively new, and I had similar problems with control of room temperature, which makes a big difference for sleep quality.

The Majestic Grande seems cleaner and better run than most of the other options I've tried, excepting the substantially more expensive JW Marriott. The staff is very professional, and handle every request I toss their way. They have a concierge who's actually knowledgable about the area and has given me great restaurant tips. My guests are always greeted with courtesy, regardless of whether they arrive in a classy black dress (as ShaSha did last night) or total slutwear.

The rooms are pretty spacious, with good workspace, adequate storage for clothes, and a small sofa and two chairs that can be used for extra-curricular activities. My room has a decent 46" TV and a CD/DVD player with a USB connection for music. Small quibble: I hope they upgrade to BluRay at some point. The bathroom is also spacious, with a separate tub and shower, and all the amenities one might want. Water pressure is excellent, as is the supply of how water (a problem I've had several other hotels is that the shower temps vacillate wildly).

I have usually found the best deals for rooms on the hotel's own website, especially if you're willing to pay up front for the room. The so-called discounters like Agoda add on fees and taxes that always bring their prices above those I get from the hotel website. I'm in a deluxe room this time and paid about $96 US/night, including breakfast.

The breakfast buffet is quite good. Eggs prepared to order, juices, cereal, lots of fruit, breads, pastries, sausage, bacon, potatoes, and a full Asian breakfast.

Pics:

1. Comfy bed with lots of room for bed sports

2. View from room...can see Cascade sign at NEP

3. Shower

4. Living/work area

5. Tub

IMG_2250.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2275.jpg

Edited by Bwana_LB

Ahh, room brings back memories. Second time i met JAne, i stayed at majestic grande. Nice rooms, friendly staff, no joiner or anything. I had Jasmin here too daytame after nightime with JAne. Boy did i sleep well on the plane back home.

This time, however, my wife's best girlfriend happens to stay there, totally surprising. Had no idea she was headed toi bkk. I'm only here foir one night, and having her in the neighborhood definitely puts a damper on things.

I know there was something i forgot, didnt snap any pics of Jane this time.

Fantastic update Bwana! Some great comparisons for the informed hotel room shopper too. It does look a lot more spacious than the rooms I usually end up in. It's definitely nicer than Majestic Suites.

One stinkin common theme I've been finding in these hotels including Pattaya is Middle East families traveling with their uncontrollable rug rats!!! What is wrong with some decent common sense? Don't allow your kids to yell at the top of their lungs and run in and out of the frckin door! The hotel is not their playground!!! Don't get started with the rude Chinese!

I stayed at Majestic Grande last year for almost a week. I felt overall it was great value and the location was amazing.

pros:

location: guess bar right outside, nana plaza just a short walk down the road.

large rooms, nicely furnished, nice bathrooms

excellent breakfast buffet (best i've seen in thailand)

lb friendly, polite staff

price

cons:

small swimming pool looked really nice but was freezing cold water, they had lawn chairs where you could sit and relax, but every 5 -10 minutes someone would come and sit there to smoke.

the A/C in the rooms was kinda bad, the air quality was poor with lots of dust, i was coughing with it on sometimes.

BTS isn't very close you have to cross a busy road to get to it

Hi All

I recently stayed at the Majestic Grand over a long weekend and found this hotel not only very convenient location but very Guest Friendly.

Reception /Check in

Arrived mid afternoon, and was processed and given a room upgrade, and was also given a voucher for a free drink at the hotel bar, overall very quick and smooth check in

Bar / Restaurant

The lobby bar was usually very quiet, but had to use my voucher :-).

The main restaurant I only used for breakfast on 1 day, but the choice and quality of food was exceptional, and the usual egg station in operation

Pool / Spa

The Pool is very very very small, with about 6 sun beds, but hey a quick refreshing dip after trawling the streets in an afternoon was nice.

Guest Friendly

on 2 nights I brought back a LB to my room, the first night was around 2am, and the night security just asked to see her ID no fuss no questions took about 30 seconds and we were on our way to my room. The second night did not get back till gone 4am, security did not even ask this time, he nodded at me as I walked past and we were on on way again.

I would highly recommend this hotel, as if you shop around you can get a great room for around £40-£45 per night including Breakfast

Thanks for the update spoons. I've merged your review with an existing thread and changed the update to 2014. Greatly appreciated mate keep up the good work. :clap:

Majestic Grande is an excellent upscale hotel for a decent cost and very LB friendly. The only drawback is: the rooms are quite small and there is not enough room for taking photos.

Actually, the MG has rooms of various sizes. I just booked a Grand Deluxe for my next stay. It has plenty of room for photos. The smallest rooms (Superior) are a bit cramped at only 28 sqm, while the Deluxe has 40 sqm. I guess my one complaint is that the closets are a bit small. Pretty minor complaint. They have a good exercise room and a very helpful group of people in their business center.

Actually, the MG has rooms of various sizes. I just booked a Grand Deluxe for my next stay. It has plenty of room for photos. The smallest rooms (Superior) are a bit cramped at only 28 sqm, while the Deluxe has 40 sqm. I guess my one complaint is that the closets are a bit small. Pretty minor complaint. They have a good exercise room and a very helpful group of people in their business center.

Yes i agree , the grand deluxe is the go :)

I normally stay here too and got upgraded to a suite twice when it got full. Yes the Deluxe is the best value for money with the shower and the tub provided. I like the concierge and and the security is very respectful all the time. Yes you do get a lot of middle eastern kids running about the place but it is still a lot less than in Ambassador Hotel.

The breakfast is good too but I find that since I have late nights out, I invariably miss the breakfast so I have given it up to get the breakfast rate now.

It is surprising how different it is to the Majestic Suites. The staff there were rude and so was the security yet the security is from the same company.

This is always my first choice if I get reasonable rates and to the MB who said you have to get cross a busy street to get to the BTS I do not understand what he meant by that.

The two closest BTS are Ploenchit and Nana. You do not have to cross a busy street to get there as there is always the overhead crossing and all you need is continue to the BTS station.

Free weights. A few machines. Decent amount of space. Better than most but nowhere near as good as your local gym. Last visit (oct 2012) the machines were well maintained - pretty rare in my experience.

Thanks Mikel....I can make do with freeweights (don't want to get soft like dav662 while I am there :P ) .

I only use free weights at home too but I have a squat rack which makes all the difference.

Thanks Mikel....I can make do with freeweights (don't want to get soft like dav662 while I am there :P ) .

I only use free weights at home too but I have a squat rack which makes all the difference.

Us Oldies have been born like this. LOL.

Found a good video showing a room at Majestic. The room in the video is the 40 square metre room(deluxe)

This pool is unusable, it's freezing cold, yes freezing cold even when the temp outside is high 30s. And the seating area is basically just a smoke break room.